These cookies started out as a bit of an experiment. It was my turn to bring snacks to our department meeting at work and I wanted to bring something that was not full of sugar. It was late at night and I didn’t have much in the cupboards. These date and vanilla cookies are what I came up with, they went down a treat.
- 200g honey
- 125g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 250g gluten free flour (I used self raising)
- (baking powder if you don’t use self raising flour 1/4 tsp)
- 50g dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat your oven to 160c
- Place the coconut oil and honey in a food processor and cream together until smooth. Add the egg and the flour, vanilla essence and dates, mix again until smooth.
- Cover a baking tray in tin foil.
- Place the mixture onto the tray in table spoon amounts.
- Cook for 8-10 mins until the colour starts to change.
- When you take them out the oven be careful. They are really fragile. They need to cool for about 10 minutes in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these cookies just as much as my colleagues and I did. Remember to tag me if you try them!