This is one of my favourite evening meals. I love Mexican food in general its my absolute favourite but this simple base can be kept in the fridge and sides added to it to make amazing bowls of spicy Mexican goodness.
This serves 2+ (depending on how hungry you are/how many sides you have)
- Either 1 x pack of Quorn mince or 500g of beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp chilli con carne / fajita seasoning (I like the Santa Maria one)
- 3 handfuls of spinach washed
- Any other veggies – peppers, courgette, chopped green beans (anything you like really!)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil for cooking.
Optional: 1 white onion + 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- If you’re using onion and garlic pop them in a frying pan and cook till soft.
- Add the mince and veggies (if you’re using meat cook this till brown. If you’re using Quorn move straight to step 3)
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning.
- give it a good stir.
- When the veggies are all cooked add the spinach last and stir until cooked
I like to add my sweet potato wedges and guacamole and salsa to this amazing bowl.
Remember to tag me in your photos if you try it!