So I decided to leap head first into Organic September. A campaign by The Soil Association to encourage us all to go a little bit organic this month.
So I decided that I would try and create a healthy organic pizza for you all. Try making your pizza organic this September perfect for a Friday night in.
Ingredients for the Sauce:
1x tin of Mr Organic tinned tomatoes (400g)
1/4 tsp dried Oregano (Neils Yard)
1/2 tsp dried Basil (Neils Yard)
1/4 tsp dried rosemary (Neils Yard)
(you can use an Italian herb seasoning)
1x Clove Garlic
Ingredients for the base:
300g self raising flour (Duchy Original)
1 tsp baking powder
300g natural yogurt (Yeo Valley)
Toppings of your choice! – I used courgette, red onion and feta.
1. Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a pan on a low heat and let it simmer and thicken up.
3. Roll the dough out and cut into circles. This should make 4 pizzas.
4. Place your bases in the oven (which you preheated to 200C for 4 mins.
5. Take our your pizza bases and flip them over. Now its time for the fun part!
6. Put the tomato and any toppings you want onto your pizza! – I finely sliced some courgette and red onion and then crumbled feta on.
7. put back in the oven for about another 7-10 mins, just keep and eye out for when it looks done!
There you have it – quick, simple easy Organic pizza! Enjoy and remember to tag me if you try it!