This week I was lucky enough to be invited to the taste London event in Tobaco Dock by Mr Organic. Thanks guys! So I used some of their products to create this Chilli.
I really loved wandering around and absorbing all the sights and smells. It inspired me to spice up and finish this recipe for 2 bean chilli that I have been loving as my lunches recently. I hope you enjoy it too.
I like it just as a veggie chilli but I will add how you can add a meat/quorn twist should you wish to.
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Onion
- 600g Chopped tinned tomatoes (
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of black beans
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (depending on how spicy you like it you can add more)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika (I like smokes paprika but normal works just fine too)
- Finely chop the onion and place in a pan and begin to fry in a little coconut oil. To this you need to add the finely chopped garlic clove. Then add your spices and fry for a couple of minutes before moving to step 2.
- Grate in the carrots and the courgettes into the pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Finally add the tins of beans and leave to simmer through.
- Serve with plain boiled brown rice.
If you wanted to add mince or quorn during step one you could do. Make sure it is cooked through before moving to step 2.
If you want you can add any other veggies you have in the fridge. That is the beauty of this. I will often also include peppers, peas, sweet corn amongst others.
Let me know if you try it.