If you’re like me and pick up a couple of cans of chickpeas every time you go to the shops resulting in a build up of cans in the cupboard I am going to let you in on an amazing secret. Roast them in the oven and in just half an hour you will have delicious, crunchy treats that are so incredibly moorish! They really are perfect if your like me and love to snack, they provide a healthy, savoury snack that you can flavour to suit you.
This is what I did…
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil (I used coconut oil)
- 2 generous pinches of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon gram masala
- 1/2 teaspoon smoke paprika
All the spices are optional – have a play around with whatever is in your cupboard!
- Preheat your oven to 200c
- Drain the chickpeas and give them a wash.
- The trick to getting them super crunchy is getting them really dry. Once you have drained them roll them between 2 sheets of kitchen towel until they are bone dry.
- Spread your chickpeas out on a baking tray and cover them with the oil and salt.
- Bake for about twenty minutes giving them a jiggle at least once.
- While your chickpeas are baking put the spices into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked (they start to go a little golden) then use another sheet of kitchen town to get off any excess oil.
- Put the chickpeas into the spices and roll them around.
Top Tip: Leave them to cool just a little before diving in and enjoying!
Tag me on Instagram if you try them!